Barwood Developments, under a development agreement with Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, provided a new 35,000 sq. ft GIA supermarket shell that forms part of a wider development on the edge of the Wellesbourne Mountford airfield. The regeneration of this former industrial site will see new commercial and residential opportunities.
The store shell, car park and infrastructure was funded and developed by Barwood Developments under agreement with Sainsbury’s Supermarkets. Sainsbury’s carried out the internal fit-out of the shell to their standard store model.
WWA worked as Sainsbury’s Feasibility Development Project Manager and Employer’s Agent, involved from agreement of the development specification through to Practical Completion of the store shell, Car Park and Infrastructure including:
• Specification preparation, negotiation, and agreement with the Developer’s professional team;
• Feasibility stage Project Management and cost monitoring of Sainsbury’s Professional Consultant team;
• Sainsbury’s Development Manager contact for the Developer
• Facilitating handover of the feasibility scheme to Sainsbury’s store delivery team;
• Monitoring of the Developer construction on behalf of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd;
• Change Management
As Project Managers, WWA acted as Sainsbury’s point of contact for the technical side of the development, from agreement of the specification, through planning, and to monitoring the developer’s construction of the store shell, WWA was able to bring a consistent knowledge-base that supported Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Property Team in delivery of their new supermarket.
The new supermarket opened to the public in May 2015.