At Ward William Associates (WWA), we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. As a B Corp™, we aim to influence a more sustainable built environment for people, places and the planet, both now and in the future. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative individual who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. You will be focused on leading a team to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all Associate Partners focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
Working as a Project Management Lead in the Plymouth team, the role will involve the provision of a full range of pre and post-contract project management services, and technical advice across commercial, residential, public and private sectors. Potential applicants must therefore be able to demonstrate a wide variety of technical and people management experience.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Experienced across sectors, ideally: housing/commercial development/higher education/health
- MRICS qualified or working towards
- Able to work independently on their own projects at any RIBA stage (pre-contract/post-contract)
- Experienced at working on JCT and NEC forms of contracts (desirable)
- Excellent at building client and team relationships
- Skilled at leading meetings and producing accurate project documentation
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision, to a high standard
- Happy to work on their own and as part of a team, in what can be a pressurised environment
- Experienced in leading and growing a team of Project Managers
- Aware of B Corporation objectives: social value and an interest in sustainability
We encourage employees to strike the right work-life balance and to enjoy where they work. We achieve this through:
- Hybrid working
- 9-day fortnight (currently on a trial basis for the rest of 2022)
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
To apply directly, please click on the link: