What this notice covers
Ward Williams Associates is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection legislation.
This privacy notice sets out, our data protection obligations, the types of data that we collect and hold on you as a job applicant. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Identity of the data controller
Ward Williams Associates is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
About the information we collect and hold
We may collect the following information from you as part of our recruitment process:
• Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, personal email addresses;
• Details of your qualifications, experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and working hours) and interests;
• Details of your referees
• Copy of driving licence and passport
• Recruitment information (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process)
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information about you through the application and recruitment process, either directly from you or from an employment agency or background check provider. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers and credit reference agencies.
Our lawful bases for processing your data
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Our purposes for processing your data
• Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment
• Determining the terms on which you work for us
• Checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
• Administering the contract we have entered into with you if you are offered a position with WWA
• Making decisions about salary and compensation if you are offered a position
• Assessing qualifications for a particular job or task, including decisions about promotions
• Education, training and development requirements
• Dealing with legal claims made against us
• Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information
How long we keep your information
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for and this will depend on whether or not you are successful in obtaining employment with us.
If your application is not successful and we have not sought consent or you have not provided consent upon our request to keep your data for the purpose of future suitable job vacancies, we will not keep your data for longer than necessary for the purpose of completing our recruitment process.
If we have sought your consent to keep your data on file for future job vacancies, and you have provided consent, we will keep your data for no longer than is reasonable and only where there is a clear business reason for keeping your records. At the end of this period, we will delete or destroy your data, unless you have already withdraw your consent to our processing of your data in which case it will be deleted or destroyed upon your withdrawal of consent.
If your application is successful, your data will be kept and transferred to the systems we administer for employees. We have a separate privacy notice for employees, which will be provided to you.
Security of your data
e have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the right to:
• Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
• Request erasure of your personal information
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Please contact our HR Manager on 01752 250480 to exercise any of your rights as outlined above.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Ward Williams Associates reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.