FROM £25K + BENEFITS
At Ward Williams Associates, we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. In 2021, we were awarded the B Corp™ ‘Best For The World’ award for workers – placing us in the top 5% of the World for our employee experience. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers, and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers, and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative graduate who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. Your role will be focused on using enhanced data analysis to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all team members focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
Working as part of the Plymouth PM team, the role will involve assisting in the full range of pre and post-contract Project Management across commercial, residential, public and private sectors. As a Graduate PM, you will be working within a friendly and experienced team, involved in a wide range of projects, assisting on all aspects from inception to completion and ensuring delivery on time and to budget with the highest levels of service.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Able to provide Project Management support and carry out administrative duties as may be defined by the Project Manager and other project leads
- Able to assist with the management of Project programmes, and the control of resources for the timely delivery of projects and services
- Able to assist with the preparation, monitoring, and reporting of projects costs and budgets
- Able to assist with the management of the process of Change Control: alert, assess implications, stakeholder consultation, adopt or reject, track decisions and update Change Control register
- Able to assist with the management of Risk: collaborating with stakeholders and the project team, including the identification, evaluation, communication, avoidance and recording of project Risks and Opportunities
- Able to assist with the definition of Quality standards, prepare quality plans, and develop and instigate procedures to achieve set standards; delivering or improving upon the required quality
- Skilled at Client Relationship Management – Liaise at an appropriate level with clients, stakeholders, and external parties (including the public)
- Experienced in People Management – assist with the management of project teams and stakeholders to achieve project goals. Implement communication strategies
- Familiar with Information Management – implement systems to control project information, coordination, distribution/communication, and quality
- Prepared to visit sites, attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, and other professionals, and undertake site inspections and reviews. Prepare accurate records of such visits/meetings and associated actions, follow up actions as required to achieve desired results
- Provide cover for Project Managers during periods of leave and absence
- Undertake such other activities as may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Hold a relevant Construction Project Management degree (2:1 or above)
- Ability to work in a team under supervision, and to lead on individual tasks when required
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation covering the construction industry
- Analytical skills – the ability to analyse and sort complex data into an understandable form
- Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to compose and explain complex issues concisely to different audiences
- Strong numerical ability and capability in use of MS Excel
- Initiative to work independently, with the self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and expertise
- Good levels of computer literacy
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
If you would like to apply directly, please click on the link:
Ward Williams Associates – Graduate Project Manager (sage.hr)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
If you are interested, we would recommend you submit your application as early as possible.