FROM £30K + BENEFITS
At Ward Williams Associates, we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. In 2021, we were awarded the B Corp™ ‘Best For The World’ award for workers – placing us in the top 5% of the World for our employee experience. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers, and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers, and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative graduate who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. Your role will be focused on using enhanced data analysis to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all team members focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
Working as part of the London QS team, the role will involve assisting in the full range of pre and post-contract Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services across commercial, residential, public and private sectors. As a Graduate QS, you will be working within a friendly and experienced team, involved in a wide range of projects, assisting on all aspects from inception to completion and ensuring delivery on time and to budget with the highest levels of service.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Proficient in estimating, producing budgets and cost plans
- Key member of the tender document taking off process including being part of, and sometimes leading, the measurement team
- Able to assist the running of projects post contract including carrying out interim valuations and certification, cost reporting and agreeing final accounts
- Able to to participate in site progress meetings including taking minutes and eventually chairing meetings
- Able to assist with the management of Risk: collaborating with stakeholders and the project team, including the identification, evaluation, communication, avoidance and recording of project Risks and Opportunities
- Experienced in General contract administration (including issuing all necessary contract certification)
- Familiar with site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Prepared to visit sites, attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors, and other professionals, and undertake site inspections and reviews. Prepare accurate records of such visits/meetings and associated actions, follow up actions as required to achieve desired results
- Professional in their work and appearance.
- Undertake such other activities as may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Ongoing structured training towards becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Degree (2:1 or above) in Quantity Surveying or a relevant subject
- Ability to work in a team under supervision, and to lead on individual tasks when required
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation covering the construction industry
- Analytical skills – the ability to analyse and sort complex data into an understandable form
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision, to a high standard
- Good interpersonal written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to compose and explain complex issues concisely to different audiences
- Strong numerical ability
- Initiative to work independently, with the self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and expertise
- Good levels of computer literacy
- Sound client-facing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
If you would like to apply directly, please click on the link:
Ward Williams Associates – Graduate Quantity Surveyor (sage.hr)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
If you are interested, we would recommend you submit your application as early as possible.