At Ward Williams Associates, we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. In 2021, we were awarded the B Corp™ ‘Best For The World’ award for workers – placing us in the top 5% in the World for our employee experience. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers, and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers, and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative individual who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. Your role will be focused on using enhanced data analysis to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all team members focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
Working as part of the Truro QS team, the role will involve the provision of a full range of pre and post-contract Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services across commercial, residential, public, and private sectors. It is therefore important that potential applicants are able to demonstrate a wide variety of experience.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Experienced across sectors, ideally: housing/commercial development/higher education/health
- MRICS qualified or working towards
- Able to work independently on their own projects at any RIBA stage (pre-contract/post-contract)
- Experienced at working on JCT and NEC forms of contracts (desirable)
- Excellent at building client relationships
- Skilled at analysing and sorting data into an understandable form
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, to a high standard
- Happy to work on their own and as part of a team, in what can be a pressurised environment
- Experienced in leading and growing a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Aware of B Corporation objectives: social value and an interest in sustainability
- Hybrid working
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support and financial guidance
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
To apply, please click : Ward Williams Associates – Senior Quantity Surveyor (sage.hr)