FROM £35K + BENEFITS
At Ward Williams Associates, we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. In 2021, we were awarded the B Corp™ ‘Best For The World’ award for workers – placing us in the top 5% of the World for our employee experience. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers, and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers, and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative individual who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. Your role will be focused on using enhanced data analysis to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all team members focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
As a Chartered Building Surveyor, you will be working alongside the Associate Partner and other Senior Surveyors and providing general support to the Building Surveyor team in the Plymouth office. Your role will involve meeting and corresponding with clients and forming strong relationships while working on both commercial and residential projects.
You will be based at WWA’s office in Plymouth. Travel to and from and working in our other offices may be required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
We are looking for candidates who fulfil the following requirements:
- Design and Contract Administration
- Acquisition surveys for commercial and residential properties
- Dilapidations and lease advice
- Schedules of Condition
- Project Monitoring and Project Management
- Forward Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Building Pathology
- Preparation of Schedules of Work and NBS Specifications
- Working with Autocad Systems to provide existing and proposed plans and sketch schemes for perusal, agreement and discussions with clients
- All works involved with gaining statutory permissions such as Planning, Listed Building and Building Regulation Consents
- All aspects of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
And can demonstrate the following Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified (RICS or equivalent); minimum of 10 years of relevant post-qualification experience
- Ability to design and oversee repair, remedial and alteration works from inception through to completion
- Strong construction knowledge or Clerk of Works experience
- Ability to successfully manage contracts and contractors/consultants
- Working knowledge of the services offered by WWA
- Good communication skills, with the ability to compose and explain complex issues in a clear and concise way to different audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, motivated and productive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Computer literate (being able to communicate by email and prepare documents, use basic spreadsheets, and prepare basic presentations using recognised software)
- Ability to prioritise and undertake a range of tasks
- Ability to train and help develop less experienced members of staff
- A positive, flexible attitude and willingness to learn
- Good organisational skills
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
If you would like to apply directly, please click on the link:
Ward Williams Associates – Building Surveyor (sage.hr)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
If you are interested, we would recommend you submit your application as early as possible.