FROM £45K + BENEFITS
At Ward Williams Associates, we are passionate, professional people working together to deliver independent, straightforward advice over the lifetime of our client’s construction project.
We are the 1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning we have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. In 2021, we were awarded the B Corp™ ‘Best For The World’ award for workers – placing us in the top 5% of the World for our employee experience. If you want to help make a difference through your skills, WWA is the right consultancy for you.
Even though we are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. We are a mix of walkers, campers, and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. We have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers, and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with at WWA – we positively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative individual who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. Your role will be focused on working in a team optimising value for our clients. It is essential that all Project Managers focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
We are, through our sister company MWJV, undertaking a significant number of diverse major capital project works in the transport, flood management and coastal engineering sectors with Cornwall Council as our core client.
We are also currently supporting four Cornish towns to realise greener travel provisions as part of their Towns Fund investment programme. If realised, this will see the creation of low-carbon transport hubs, public realm enhancements and additional walking and cycling infrastructure including some ambitious bridge proposals.
Opportunities with private clients also exist and we are providing project management support for the construction of a link road for the Duchy of Cornwall. This role will involve the provision of a full range of pre- and post-contract project management services and technical advice across commercial, residential, public and private sectors. It is therefore important that potential applicants are able to demonstrate a wide variety of technical and people skills.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of projects at various stages in a project’s life cycle (pre-construction, construction and post-construction).
- Client-facing role, providing support and advice on all aspects of the project technical, financial, contractual, safety & environment etc.
- Programme, Change and Risk Management
- Proactive contract administration generally using the ECC NEC suite of contracts
- Managing the production of design data including conducting technical reviews and acceptances
- Supporting the production of contract data and works information and executing tenders
- Regularly creating and drafting of reports – progress, value engineering, lessons learnt, options and feasibility etc.
- Organise, chair and minute both regular and ad-hoc meetings relating to the project
- Support all aspects of project/client governance procedures
- Support the QS but take ownership of project cost control
- Hybrid working
- 9-day fortnight (currently on a trial basis for the rest of 2022)
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.
If you want to have an informal conversation about the role with a member of our team, please contact Vanessa Channings (People and Culture Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
If you would like to apply directly, please click on the link:
Ward Williams Associates – Senior Project Manager – Civils (sage.hr)
Closing date: 4th November 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role.
If you are interested, we would recommend you submit your application as early as possible.